Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Technology Today! Good or Bad??

So thankfully we are blessed with numerous types of technology. I know I would almost go crazy if I didn't have my phone. If I couldn't text, talk, check my email and check my social accounts it would become irritating. Sometimes and I know I am not the only one who feels this way but with all the new technology, it's like people don't know how to personally communicate. I think if you take away people's phones they would almost become mute. Sometimes a nice conversation is a lot better than texting. So much more can be said on the phone and you can have a better understanding actually hearing someones voice. I understand that there is a time and place for everything and at appropriate times, it's better to text. Personally, I prefer to hear someones voice.
Secondly, I HATE, HATE, HATE to read a message and not understand a damn thing. When I read a message, I don't want to have to decode it before I read it. It's cool to short hand in text messages but when you send someone a message and you are making up words, using numbers instead of letters tells me one thing... you can't spell. It would take more time to think oh im going to use the #3, 5 or 2 instead of "e" or "s". The sad part young children, preteens, can't spell small words and feel like they can hide behind texting and use it as an excuse. What happens, when these same people go to try to get a job and they write the same way they text?? I'll tell you.. you are not getting hired! Then you are looking crazy saying ooh they are just being racist. FYI it's not your race it's your ignorance that speaks for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment