Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Glee- Episode 2 Britney/Brittany


If you weren’t at home last night or looking on Hulu right now while you're at work to look at the Britney episode of Glee… then I don’t know what’s wrong with you. Yes I do know that I did not blog last week’s episode, don’t judge me.
Apparently Kurt has a Britney page on facebook with the people wanting them to perform a Britney song at Homecoming. Mr. Schuester says no and instead he wants some good old Christopher Cross to be performed. Brittany (the blond cheerleader and my favorite) objected because her name is actually Brittany S. Pierce. “Brittany S. Pierce. I’ve lived my entire life in Britney Spears’s shadow.”

In this episode, we get to meet Emma’s new boyfriend played by the oh so hunky John Stamos, Dentist Carl.  He just happens to be a dentist and he gets invited to Mr. Schuster’s class to teach the kids about dental hygiene (or something like that, I never got why he was invited, any hoo…) Dentist Carl gives the kids these tablets to show where the tartar is showing up on their teeth. Brittany, Artie and Rachel (shock!) teeth turn bright blue.  This leads to Brittany going to the dentist and getting put under some gas and she then performs “I’m a Slave 4 U.”  Now if you don’t know the actress that plays Brittany, Heather Morris, she once was a backup dancer for Beyonce on tour and on some live performances, so you know she can dance.
Santana accompanies Brittany to the dentist the next day for some laughing gas action and they perform “Me Against the Music.” Seeing these two play off each other is awesome

Rachel does “Baby… One More Time” in which she kinda over sings… but she looks exactly like Britney in the video, down to the moves, everything.  Mostly everyone likes the slutty Rachel
The best line of the night comes for Brittany after changing her mind about performing Britney songs, “I would just like to say that from now on I demand to have every solo in glee club. I sing and dance better than her … I'm more talented than all of you. It's Britney. Bitch.” PRICELESS
Artie performs “Stronger” as a flip to ex girlfriend Tina.  Mr. Schuester also shows his struggle with Emma and Carl’s relationship…
So Mr.Schuster decides to perform a Britney song at the homecoming show, but he is also gonna perform in it. The song is “Toxic” and they turn that song into a sex obsessed, Fosse-esque routine and I still don’t know how I feel about it… After the sex riot that happens as a result of this song, Sue gives us this line, “Not sure if you heard, William, but my spinal column was ruptured in a sex riot,”
Then Rachel sings a Paramore song, “The Only Exception,” to Finn.
That’s about it.
It was a pretty good episode. I’m so happy that they put the spotlight on Heather Morris cause that girl is an AWESOME dancer.
lalaG

1 comment:

  1. I am, after this episode, a rejuvinated Britney listener (ok, so I never actually stopped listening, or I should say I don't skip her songs when they come up on my iPod)but I am also now a big fan of Heather Morris aka Brittany S. Pierce. Wow does that girl have a bod that won't quit and unbelievable moves. So glad they finally spotlighted her! Now if they will give me more Quinn and a little less Rachel (ugh already)I will be in Glee heaven.

    ReplyDelete