Friday, December 10, 2010

Playing in Make Up

I have admitted countless of time, I am no makeup expert but I love to play in it. I’ve been watching a lot of television shows with women of color and I’ve wondered how they get such awesome eye shadow colors.  I’ve tried many tricks to help make my eye makeup more vibrant and shiny and nothing has worked.  On a recent trip to the hair store (yes hair store) to purchase some products for my hair, I wandered through the aisles and aisles of makeup that they happen to have there.  I came across the NYX line of products and always wanted to try it since seeing it on RuPaul’s Drag Race. I picked up some of the loose eye shadow vials and decided to try them out.  The one that I tried today is NYX Ultra Pearl Mania in Penny Pearl.  If you are thinking that it is gonna be the same color as a penny, well you are correct, but on my skin tone, it’s a very nice color.
yes, i need better coverage!

What I used on my face and eye:  Cover Girl Queen Collection in Toffee  (foundation), Mac Power NW 43, NYX Eyebrow pencil Dark Brown (eyebrow), NYX Ultra Pearl Mania in Penny Pearl (eyelid), Urban Decay Eyeliner Zero (eyeliner).
I can’t wait to get back to the store and purchase some more to see how they will look on my face.  Each vial was priced at $1.99 each.

No comments:

Post a Comment