Friday, January 14, 2011

Tips for dry skin


I am a huge fan of winter.  I love the effect of the cold weather on my skin.  Normally during the hot and humid times of Texas weather, my face is an oil slick.  In the winter, makeup does not slide off my face.  The only problem of when winter weather on my face is that when I wash it, sometimes it gets a little bit too dried out.  I moisturize and then put on primer then everything else.  If you are experiencing some issues with dryness, here are some tips to help you out.
·         Water- I can’t stress this enough.  Water helps in your inside and outside.

·         Vitamin E- Either the capsules that you can pop and spread on your face or lotions with Vitamin E in them also helps your skin. Taking the Vitamin E capsules will also help from the inside out.
·         Flax seed- by adding just a table spoon to your morning breakfast cereal will help increase you fatty acids that help your skin.  Also eating plenty of fresh fish provides you with Omega- 3 which helps your skin become less dry
·         Try using a cool mist humidifier in your room for a couple of days.  You will see changes in your skin.
·         Don’t wash your face with hot water. The coolest water you can stand is best to wash your face.  Scalding hot water is drying and just uncomfortable.
These are just some of the things I do to get rid of dry skin.
Do you have any more suggestions?
lalaG

No comments:

Post a Comment