Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Golden Globes 2011: Hits and Misses

The Golden Globes were on Sunday night and in terms of fashion and pop culture, it did not disappoint (well for the most part.)  Other than the fashion, I was most looking forward to Ricky Gervais and his most excellent hosting skills.  Some say that Gervais went too far in his jokes, but I just saw it as typical British humor.  There was nothing too raunchy that was said, just jokes.  Isn’t that what we wanted him to do?  I digress…

Let’s get on to the fashions… we had appearances by the usual suspects.  Good or bad, none of them disappointed. (I don’t know any of the designers’ names, so sue me)
Amber Riley from Glee looks smashing in this silver one shoulder dress.  Not digging the bang WITH the side ponytail but she still looks fab.
Gabourey Sidibe… the dress is pretty… but not for the Golden Globes.
Olivia Wilde… so pretty!  And those shoes, FIERCE!
Jennifer Love Hewitt in this gown… wow.
Ok… from now on, can we not take any pics of Helena Bonham Carter ever again?  I could see if this was a swan dress, but that is just downright U-G-L-Y!  The shoes do not help.  I understand quirky, but this is crazy.
Lea Michelle looks like a perfectly pink princess in this one shoulder dress
Eva… Girl… Tony doesn’t know what he missin!
I love me some Emma Stone… she looks amazing and I love the blond hair
Sandra Bullock… could you please give Nicki Minaj her wig back? Thanks.
Heidi… your makeup.
More pics to come!
lalaG

No comments:

Post a Comment