Monday, May 2, 2011

The Rummage Roundup and other fab finds



This Saturday, I was busier than a one legged man in a kicking contest. I had way too much to do and pretty much one day to attempt to get it all done.  There were some events that I couldn’t make it too but overall I had a great weekend.

I found out about the Rummage Roundup through the lovely ladies of the DFW Bloggers website and I knew I needed to go.  The Rummage Roundup of Dallas was put on by the Junior League of Dallas.  Now from past experiences dealing with the Junior League of Arlington and the huge rummage sale that they use to have, this was gonna be an epic rummage sale.  The Junior League of Arlington would have these massive garage sales that were held at a convention center (not a super big one, but a mini sized one) and people would camp out the night before to get a place in line.    We wouldn’t camp out but we would get there around 3 a.m. in the morning and would be at least 20th in line.   Anyway, back to the Rummage Roundup… we wanted to get there early, and we left Fort Worth around 5 a.m. and within 30 minutes we were there… and there were no lines!  When we walked up to the entrance, there were 2 people waiting. WOW. I was expecting way more than that but hey, that means less people picking over the items.  As we waited for 7 a.m. to come, I found time to scope out parts of the sale.  It was a far smaller room than expected, but everything was organized.  I went with my Aunt K and my Mum and we had a game plan.  Aunt K would go for the shoes, and I would go for the clothes and purses.
$4.00
$1.00 each

$2.00
 
$3.00

$2.00

$3.00

$1.00

$2.00

Overall we found some great items. It wasn’t as huge as I expected it to be but I found some great stuff.  I thought some of the stuff was a bit overpriced. I understand that the proceeds are going towards a great cause, but some of that stuff wasn’t brand spanking new. Very much used. Not that many clothes, the biggest size that I found was and XL and we all know I am not an extra-large.  Mostly shoes, a purse, bath bombs and items for my kitchen.

We would have stayed in Dallas but I don’t know the neighborhoods that well so we headed over to Arlington and found many garages sales.  The best thing that I found was a new pair of Nike shoes which i needed so badly to start working out again.  Usually I can’t find shoes in my size, but Saturday I found so many pairs!  I also found a barely used foot spa and facial steamer, candles, old cds, drink glasses and of course, clothes.
$1.00

$1.00

$5.00

$5.00 for the shoes
$0.25 each for the cds

I love going to garage and rummages sales. I love searching for that perfect find and finding something that is you! 
@lalaG
@PCFashionista

No comments:

Post a Comment