Friday, June 17, 2011

Dallas Apparel & Accessories Market Experience


I must apologize lovelies… I have had the week from hell (but I’ll save that for a video blog.)

Anyhoo…

I got the chance to experience the frenzy that is the Dallas Market.  If you don’t know about the market, let me tell you it’s awesome.  It’s a chance for stores, boutiques, spas and others of the like to purchase clothing and accessories to sell in stores. Market is the mecca of all clothes and shopping (well in my mind it was.)


I got a chance to be a guest of the lovely Danette Wicker of Danette’s Urban Oasis.  I was warned by Danette to wear sneakers and I knew then that this was going to be a serious shopping experience. Be warned, if you do anything with Danette, you better be ready because she is in full business mode the second she walks in the building. There are countless vendors, special events and seminars that you can take part in to help you better your business. 

 We took part of a tour with Rawlins Gilliland later on in the afternoon.  Rawlins is a little spark of a man, and he knows everything about the fashion industry.  Rawlins, a former employee of Neiman Marcus, will keep you on your toes.  Rawlings showed us lines that we should be paying attention to and products that are guaranteed to sell in stores.

 Danette of Danette's Urban Oasis


I was pretty much worn out at the end of the day. It’s a lot of walking but all the clothes that you get to see, just amazing. We also got a chance to meet some up and coming designers whose work will be spotlighted on Pop Culture Fashionista.  Some of the stuff that they put out is AMAZING. Lots of funky, fun stuff that no one else will have.


 I didn’t mention that in the afternoon they pass out snacks and drinks… and sometimes its adult drinks.

If you get a chance to go apparel & accessories market in your city, GO! If it’s your first time, you will be worn out by the end of the day.  It took me a day for my legs to recover. It was worth it.

1 comment:

  1. So awesome that you got to go to market! My neighbor's sister owns a boutique and she goes to market every year. They always invite me but I always have to work. This year I told them what I was looking for and they sent me pictures of what was there and got me some cool bracelets! Kiah

    ReplyDelete